Allow me to summarize the DC injection hypothesis:

- It is theoretically possible to add DC to provide ~3kW of power that
would be invisible to the PCE-830.

However:

- Given the size of the wires, I guess that amperage would need to be
below 50 A.  Otherwise the wires would heat up too much and this would
show on the thermal camera.
- This means that a DC offset of >60 V is required for 3kW injection.
- This means that the scammer must be confident that any instrument or
device connected would tolerate a >60V DC offset.  This is a large
offset.  As the DC resistance of the primary winding of transformers
is small compared to their reactance at 50 Hz, the extra DC would
probably destroy any attached transformers.
- The use of any electrical instrument capable of detecting DC would
need to be prohibited.  A 5$ multimeter can detect DC.  So do
oscilloscopes, or Fluke power analyzers.  These would have to be
prohibited.
- Any significant DC current will produce a significant DC magnetic
field nearby.  Such a field is easily detectable by most recent
smartphones or a simple compass.
- Temporarily switching the extra DC power off when DC-capable
instrumentation is used wouldn't be possible, as the temperature would
drop rapidly and this would immediately show on the IR video / temp
curve.

--
Berke Durak