You are assuming that the NSA has good motives. I call that naive.  In
addition,  we have the "Petro-Fascist" establishment -that was tied to the US
starting an unnecessary ( actually involving fraud) war that cost 10's of
thousands of lives and billions, if not trillions, of dollars -and leaving
behind a btoken nation on the edge of civil war.

We had GM crushing EV-1's in the desert, away from protestors ( see 'Who Killed
The Electric Car?").  We also can witness the US supporting some of the worst
war criminals on earth in Syria - partly triggered by alliances with Sunni Oil
states.

It is well that Rossi is dismissed as a fraud for the present.  This may save
him and his technology.