Jack Cole <jcol...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Could the apparent excess heating in this device be related to the same
> phenomena (i.e., power dissipation in electrical leads vs. where the
> measurements are taking place)?

I do not know but it sounds plausible. I have heard of similar errors. With
such tiny power levels you have to measure right at the edge of the
calorimeter envelope. That is, right where the wires go in.

I do not trust such tiny power levels. They can be measured with
microcalorimeters. Rob Duncan knows a great deal about microcalorimeters,
including the type that can measure the heat from a single cosmic ray
collision. These devices are fundamentally different in design from what
Swartz uses, and what other cold fusion researchers use.