I wrote:

> Duncan knows a great deal about microcalorimeters, including the type that
> can measure the heat from a single cosmic ray collision. These devices are
> fundamentally different in design from what Swartz uses, and what other
> cold fusion researchers use.

The NRL and Tsinghua U. used conventional microcalorimeters.

The difference between an ordinary calorimeter and microcalorimeter
resembles the difference between a light microscope and an S.E.M.

Swartz is using an ordinary (macro?) calorimeter at the limits of
sensitivity. Any time you push an instrument to its limits you are asking
for trouble. If you can, I recommend you boost the strength of the signal
rather than trying to make a more sensitive instrument to detect it.