Here is more...

Fano resonance between nano-particles produce whispering gallery waves
between nano-particles. This was discovered only three years ago. The
Nanoplasmonic research community has not optimized the formation of Fano
resonance to any degree yet. They have only gotten it up to 10^^15
amplification. What limits them is as follows:

These experimenters only use gold or silver because these metals are
relatively safe if ingested.

Nickel is far more reactive, powerful, and dangerous with regards to the
formation of electron dipole strength.

Micro-particles are not used yet because they are counterproductive to the
goals and products they want to produce such as nano-computers and optical
telecommunications.

Furthermore, the Nanoplasmonic experimenters never use hydrogen as the
dielectric, they use ordinary air.

They use lasers to stimulate dipole movement. Because the laser light is a
plain wave, it does poorly in producing vigorous dipole movement that are
required to produce whispering gallery waves..

The micro-particle is a wonderful storehouse for dipole vibrations.

Very small nano-particles use Fano resonance to amplify this dipole energy
(powerful source of alternating current) to a huge degree.

This micro/nano particle configuration produces a nano-sized tesla-coil.

Think of the resonant windings of a tesla coil,  were the main winding
resonantly drives the few windings

A Tesla coil's windings are "loosely" coupled, with a large air gap, and
thus the primary and secondary typically share only 10–20% of their
respective magnetic fields. Instead of a tight coupling, the coil transfers
energy (via loose coupling) from one oscillating resonant circuit (the
primary) to the other (the secondary) over a number of RF cycles.

As the primary energy transfers to the secondary, the secondary's output
voltage increases until all of the available primary energy has been
transferred to the secondary. A well designed Tesla coil can concentrate
the energy initially stored in the primary capacitor (the micro particle)
to the secondary circuit (the nano-particle). The voltage achievable from a
Tesla coil can be significantly greater than a conventional transformer,
because the secondary winding is a long single layer solenoid widely
separated from the surroundings and therefore well insulated. Also, the
voltage per turn in any coil is higher because the rate of change of
magnetic flux is at high frequencies.

The dipole operates an infrared frequency. This is very high.

With the loose coupling the voltage gain is instead proportional to the
square root of the ratio of secondary and primary inductances. Because the
secondary winding is wound to be resonant at the same frequency as the
primary, this voltage gain is also proportional to the square root of the
ratio of the primary capacitor to the stray capacitance of the secondary.

The micro-particle nano-particle resonance packs the entire energy content
stored on the surface of the micro-particle into the atomic level volume
between one nanometer sized particles.

This produces nano-ball lightning between nano-particles.