From: Jed Rothwell

As noted here, those people died of cancer at a fairly young age. I cannot
judge, but I got the impression their techniques and measurements were
crude. That is also what others said. McKubre told me they scared the hell
out of him. He thought they were "reducing" radioactivity by spewing
dangerous radioactive isotopes into the air around the device.

. "spewing" may not be accurate, if you mean that a solid or a liquid is
carelessly released. Their reactors were sealed and pressurized, so that if
anything was released, a slow leak of a radioactive gas (radon, tritium or
xenon) is the best candidate. But they rand these reactors for long periods
so even a slow leak could be fatal. When one reduces radioactivity by
increasing the decay rate of thorium, assuming it is possible to do so, then
radon can be expected to increase rapidly.

Radon is a colorless, odorless, tasteless gas with a short half-life.
Typically it causes lung cancer. This would be hastened if the victim was
also a cigarette smoker. But these researchers were said to have died from
leukemia according to Peter. However, there are a dozen "suppression" sites
on the web that claim that "Stan Gleeson of the Cincinnati Group seemed to
be perfectly well when he suddenly died at age 48 of a stroke."

These sites are going for the conspiracy angle. In any event, when one is
afflicted with any kind of advanced cancer - the proximate cause of death is
often "stroke" which itself was caused by the stress of having the cancer.
These same websites want us to believe that the MIB were behind the Mallove
murder too. Ridiculous. However, in the case of Gleeson, a fatal stroke at
age 48 is not inconsistent with radon exposure for only a few years,
especially if he was a life-long smoker. No conspiracy is apparent in this
case either - but it is a sad way to prove the device works.