Re the US 20030201167 A1 patent of the Cincinnati Group:

I have met Gleeson and Holloman at Asti -7, we became friends
and Don has donated a Cincy Cell to me for testing, does it transmute elements
or not. The cell was filled with a dilute solution
of a thorium salt and HCl and after the forced high pressure electrolysis
(temperature, pressure and voltage are all increasing
to high limits) the solution is completely salt-free and not radioactive.
However a white precipitate is formed (the two electrodes are
corroded/eroded) and the radioactivity is transferred
in this precipitate. What happens is based on spark erosion,
small molten droplets of zirconium are capturing the salt.
The global radioactivity measured for the cells, before and after
electro;ysis remains unchanged

Both inventors- who have later worked with Americium, have died
due to leukemia. It was a tragedy- however no transmutation takes place,
sorry for that.
Peter

--
Dr. Peter Gluck