> i tried to explain this very thing to blaze over on the above top secret
> forums a little over a month ago and encouraged him to join this mailing

Joe, that's not me.  I thought you were referring to something else
when you said "above top secret forums".  I didn't actually realize
there was a website called that.  :)

I participate in some other forums which are kept pretty close.  I
thought you were referring to those.

If you're particularly desperate to find out who I am, I'm sure you
could search all over the web and google stalk me.  It's not very
exciting though, and I question the wisdom of getting obsessed with
personalities like that who are bit players in all this.

In terms of my credentials though, which might be more interesting,  I
spent about the last 8 years or so on Intrade making buckets of money
on making big bets on highly improbable events like this which came
true.   The opportunities for profit there were incredible.      Some
examples, I made money on Obama on McCain winning their primaries by
making early bets (admittedly though I had hedged a bit, but was over
all long on them).

Early on, they both were deemed highly improbable.
 (A black man?  President?  Now of course, it's all so obvious).

I traded all manner of diverse opportunities, from movie contracts, to
politics, to alien life being discovered.   I specialized in the
improbable bet.

I wish I traded Cold Fusion like Kevin did, but hey, can't be everywhere.

Time and time again though, it always came down to doing your research
and doing on the ground / local investigations and not letting your
prejudices get in the way.  Finding something which the establishment
hated or there was a public psychological bias against, worked well
to.

I generally use basic bayesian inference with subjective inputs (where
I'm relatively confident) to determine an accurate probability for
bets that need to be made and alter the weight of my investments as
*any* new evidence (always on a bayesian basis, unless I'm very
familiar with it) comes to light.

Kevin, my good buddy, knows what I'm talking about.  No idea if he was
as successful as I was.  His publicly announced Romney bets in '12
makes me wonder.

My hopes are to do this again with LENR.   I'm slowly ramping up put
options on some already over priced alt energy contracts which I feel
would be uneconomical if Rossi/DGT play out.

I haven't got too crazy yet as I'm not entirely confident that they
will play out  - like I said, still willing to bet even odds that they
are frauds.

Now that I shared all that noise, I'll share one more tidbit of
information with a bit of signal:

George Neumann who gave a talk at the eCat Conf in Zurich
(http://peswiki.com/index.php/Event:2012:E-Cat_Conference_in_Zurich )

has dropped the eCat from his website:

http://www.nobletec.de/index.php/die-technologien/87-technologie

It's still in Google Cache if you want to look:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:vsoxRucqfMUJ:www.nobletec.de/index.php/die-technologien/79-technologie/e-cat/86-10-kw-home-unit+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca

I wonder why.  I've emailed him to ask.