because they try to fight the delusion...

we all do.

Taleb says that for something serious, 1 or 2 evidence is enough...

I put F&P & longchampt, someone else put McKubre and Miley... some bockris
and BARC...

Elforsk test is positive, no serious doubt... just mental wank and lazy
reader who conclude it is dubious at the first illuminated who claim a
doubt with a crazy theory...
about LENR, the world is a conspiracy theory group. no checking of
evidence, reverse logic, shortcut, black and white... typically conspiracy
fan.

kind people when there is disagreement, conclude it is dubious, and follow
the mainstream opinion.
It is easy for the conspiracy theorist to moan without evidence against
LENR, which make laymen conclude it is dubious...

if we applied the same level of requirement on most claim of science, there
won't be any knowledge.