Andrea Rossi is a fan of Dan Cook and recommends his book:

http://www.amazon.com/Models-Atomic-Nucleus-Unification-Nucleons/dp/3642147364(~$70)

And Don Wicher writes at https://www.facebook.com/groups/ECat.LENR/ :
Quote:

In addition to his book which Rossi thinks so highly of Norman Cook is a
very active player in the continuing development of a theoretical basis for
LENR.

He presented a paper at ICCF 18 and had two significant Poster Papers on
display. One of the references on a Poster Paper indicates he is also
working with Carpinteri.

This is the link to the paper that was presented. It reports results of a
simulation that seems to accurately predict experimental ash data. Thats a
first IMO.
https://mospace.umsystem.edu/xmlui/bitstream/handle/10355/36817/SimulationNuclearTransmutationPresentation.pdf?sequence=2

Here are links to the two Poster Papers

https://mospace.umsystem.edu/xmlui/bitstream/handle/10355/36827/MagneticForceActingNucleons.pdf?sequence=1

https://mospace.umsystem.edu/xmlui/bitstream/handle/10355/36539/QuantumNucleodynamicsAbstract.pdf?sequence=1

Note that this last Poster Paper has the reference to a forthcoming paper
indicating a collaboration with Carpenteri. [7] A. Carpinteri, N.D. Cook,
D. Veneziano, et al.
Mecchanica(in press, 2013).

End Quote