DJ Cravens <djcrav...@hotmail.com> wrote:

You would not need to go to 90C.   The concept of heating a volume of water
> is very valid.

In this thread, I was assuming that Defkalion DID have to go above 90°C.
For some reason. Otherwise, why didn't they speed up the flow? That would
simplify the calorimetry, and it would capture all the heat with their
on-screen computation, which would make the results a lot more impressive.

I have no idea why they might have needed such high outlet temperatures. To
keep the machine at a critical operating temperature? They could fix that
problem by insulating the cooling water pipe.

Someone said they could not speed up the flow because there were filters on
the water pipe that restricted the flow. This makes no sense to me. Why do
you need to filter cooling water? It isn't going into any sensitive part of
the reactor. It cannot contaminate anything. Contamination from ordinary
city water does not affect the heat capacity measurably.

Questions like this cannot be adequately addressed in a demo. You need a
real test. You need a team of experts who spend days or weeks on site,
wringing out the machine.