Nice and simple paper, very informative.

The general delusion is so hard to accept when you get the data.

If you read French I can proudly say you that you should not read "La
Recherche" (a more academic local competitor to SciAm) on "Scientific
controversies" (
http://www.larecherche.fr/savoirs/dossier/500-ans-controverses-scientifiques
 ).
They have written an article on Cold fusion, and shortly repeat the
wikipedia fairy tale...
If they were literate they could at least moan that there is a gang of
crazy scientist and crook entrepreneur who work on the subject, that even
national instruments bosses get infected, that University of Missouri is
infected, that Toyota, Mitsubishi, US navy, NASA, Elforsk, ENEA waste
public money on that chimera...

but no... they are not even aware of what is happening, which should have
pushed them,
*either to shut up like serious journalist who don't talk of Cold fusion
not to be fired, nor look stupid in few quarters.
* or to moan on crazy pseudo-science fan
* or to support LENR as a new frontier of science...

citing Galileo and Cold fusion official history in the same paper is a
shame.
At least they should have stayed silent on LENR. Coward but not stupid.

It remind me the last days of wealth and freedom Enron boss, who was so
convinced he was right that he did not even try to sell his shares, while
he was stealing money to save his company.
http://www.princeton.edu/~rbenabou/papers/Groupthink%20IOM%202012_07_02%20BW.pdf#page=69

What shock me more than dogmatism in opposition to LENR, is general
illiteracy.

by the way I feel they tell even more stupidities on other subject I
follows, once again repeating wikipedia position, not the scientific one.

As taleb says, History being written by the losers.