Godes focus on theory make me feel cautious.
anyway COP of 2 have been tested by SRI, that is the only serious claim I
am aware of...

I' afraid that like for BLP, the focus on theory may just slow down
progress.

Anyway in the past some technology get working despite bad theory... But
recently it seems theory is too much respected and slow technology
progress, and facts awareness. Like LENR denial is an example.

Theory is a tool, a powerful tool, but it should not be the boss.
Experiments rules.