Lou,

Well - that's the rub... Brillouin is actively seeking more funding, despite
getting millions already - and they desperately desire to present the
appearance of having shown independent gain.

And to be clear, their relationship with SRI is not exactly a
"collaboration". SRI does not do this work for free.

SRI has most likely been hired by Brillouin's main funder to do this testing
and it amounts to due diligence testing for the next round. This is the way
things operate in Silicon Valley.

Nevertheless, SRI is ++ HIGHLY ++ respected and no one should doubt their
independence if and when they do give a thumbs-up.

But do not be deceived - SRI is paid to do this testing, and they have NOT
reported gain, but the fact that Brillouin is actively seeking new funding
is "telling"... since it can indicates that they have failed and have NOT
been able to meet due diligence criteria for the next round.

If SRI had given the thumbs-up, then the funder would probably provide much
more immediately - and this whole charade would not be needed. You would
never hear about it other than the by way of headhunters hiring techies for
a ramped-up prototype.

An unscrupulous company (Brillouin may or may not fall into that category)
may benefit by "implying" in interviews that real gain was seen by SRI,
hoping to benefit from the good reputation - but ... knowing that the NDA
prevents them from correcting the claim.

There is ample evidence that Brillouin, despite all the hype, has never
demonstrated reliable gain to an independent observer.

And it is extremely annoying to see the constant way in which Godes dodges
the hard questions by resorting to what Ed Strom's accurately calls "word
salad". These two guys are showing almost the same "red flags" and possibly
are actually lower in credibility - than either DGT or Rossi.

Jones