To optimize spark performance, I recommend a spark rise time of under 50
nanoseconds with a very short duration to produce the most powerful
plasmoid discharge and a proportional forceful compression of the gas.

It is not the energy that the spark carries in joules. It is how fast this
energy is delivered to the gas.

This is analogous to how explosives perform.

Low explosives are compounds where the rate of decomposition proceeds
through the material at less than the speed of sound. The decomposition is
propagated by a flame front (deflagration) which travels much more slowly
through the explosive material than a shock wave of a high explosive.

High explosives are explosive materials that detonate, meaning that the
explosive shock front passes through the material at a supersonic speed.

To get a better shockwave, we are interested in Pulsed power.

Pulse power is the science and technology of accumulating energy over a
relatively long period of time and releasing it very quickly, thus
increasing the instantaneous power.

Instantaneous power is what is important.

Steady accumulation of energy followed by its rapid release can result in
the delivery of a larger amount of instantaneous power over a shorter
period of time (although the total energy is the same).

For example, if one joule of energy is stored within a capacitor and then
evenly released to a load over one second, the peak power delivered to the
load would only be 1 watt.

However, if all of the stored energy were released within one microsecond,
the peak power would be one megawatt, a million times greater.

The release of all the power stored in the focus fusion capacitors should
be released in 10 nanoseconds.

The higher the voltage rating of the discharge capacitors, the faster is
the speed of the spark discharge and the larger is the instantaneous power
pulse.

The capacitors that focus fusion should use should be rated at 3 million
volts, the capacity in amps a not that important. Currently, the FF
capacitors are only rated at 45,000 volts.

The speed of the spark will kept the electrode material close to the
electrode eliminated contamination of the plasma. By the way, the high
voltage strategy (a few nanoseconds) is what Brillouin Energy is using to
kept there wire from melting.