I just wanted to make a statement about conservation of momentum.  Linear
momentum and angular momentum are different animals and can not be converted
freely.

Recently, I have seen proposals that suggest that one can convert linear
momentum into angular momentum and that is clearly not possible.  You can
visualize linear momentum as pertaining to motion of an object or group of
objects that are progressing as a group past an observer.  The center of mass
of the objects is in motion and can be used to calculate the total linear
momentum of the subjects.

Angular momentum is measured and calculated by observing the rotation of the
center of mass of a system of objects.  Think of a planet in motion around its
central star as an example of this type of momentum.  An observer can be
stationary with respect to the center of mass of the objects and calculate the
magnitude of the collective angular momentum they contain.  And, since he is
stationary with respect to the center of mass of the objects, they have no
linear momentum according to his determination.   Any forces which operate
between the collection of objects taken as a system are not able to convert
angular momentum into linear momentum or vice versa.

Dave