Jed:

There is no need to reinvent the wheel.  The Xprize foundation is very active.
Go to xprize.org

I was involved with Dr Peter Diamandis when he first came to St Louis to
propose a Lindbergh type prize to the St Louis Science Center.  All the legal
documents for prizes have been hashed over and over since this started with the
Ansari Xprize in 1996, my has it been that long, I feel old.

Anyway the foundation is constantly setting up new prizes and finding sponsors.
 I would start with them if you really have an interest.  Prizes are wonderful
for attracting 10-15 times the value of the prize in investment into capturing
the prize.

Ransom

Sent from my iPhone