As of 7:46 the number of outages is finally starting to fall, to 2,496, and
the number of customers is now 130,854.

This notice gives you a feeling for the scale and expense of the effort:

*"2/13/2014, 7:00 p.m. *

*Georgia Power continues to experience widespread outages and damage to
power lines and poles from ice covered trees. New outages are occurring as
limbs and trees continue to fall.*

*As of 7:00 p.m., we have restored service to 460,000 customers since the
beginning of the storm.  Currently 154,000 customers remain without power.*

*Several thousand Company line crews, engineers and support personnel are
responding as needed to restore service, along with over 3,000 utility
crews from Alabama, Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, Ohio and Texas. Crews
are working in the areas where we have experienced outages."*

It makes you realize why electricity is so expensive, and how much better
small cold fusion generators would be. Imagine the cost of bringing 3,000
utility crews from places like Ohio and Texas.