I would have thought that relative motion to an electric field would
probably create the observation of a magnetic field, both in SR (that I
reject) and in an aether model.

But I am starting to question that, I would appreciate any answer to the
following:

Take a long piece of dowel, apply charges to it's surface either directly
or with foil segments, making a monopole capacitor.

Because it is long, the field expand outwards decreasing close do the
distance squared if I am correct, so at 2 meters the electric field is
almost half that measured at 1 meter.

Now if we set the dowel into rapid rotation, the electric field will be
moving, very slowly close to the dowel axle and very swiftly out several
meters.
At 2 meters the linear velocity of the electric field would be double that
of the velocity at 1 meter.

So now I ask, IF rotating such an electrically charged dowel (which I will
propose is infinitely long for calculation) is calculated, how would the
strength of the observed magnetic field (assuming it exists at all) be
calculated to fall off?

Because as far as I can see, it wouldn't?! Leading to an infinite width
magnetic field.
Of course an added anomaly is that such an electric field would soon exceed
the speed of light (if you go way out) if possible for it to do so if we
assume the field keeps on going.

And if it doesn't, then what would happen to the electric field when it
tries to move too fast? Produce photons? (but certainly not normal ones)
Would the electric field just disappear?

Am I making a major error in these assumptions anywhere?

John