On 02/25/2014 08:58 PM, Jed Rothwell wrote:
As Krugman says, "To be successful, money must be both a medium of exchange and a reasonably stable store of value." BitCoins fail #2 because the value fluctuates and also, apparently, because they are not secure against theft.

- Jed

The only thing that bugs me about your statement is that you think bitcoins are not secure against theft. They are, in fact, as secure as you make them. It's not a Bitcoin flaw. It's even possible to put bitcoins on the block chain which require 5 of 9 signatures to access, or something like that. I'm sure that MtGox didn't do this.

Craig