  From: Jed Rothwell
  To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
  Sent: Saturday, March 01, 2014 2:26 PM
  Subject: Re: [Vo]:[OT] 740,000 Bitcoins Missing

  Craig <cchayniepub...@gmail.com> wrote:

    Borders are opening up as people are now able to trade with each other
without the expensive exchange rate tax, which every merchant in every
third-world country experiences when he tries to compete with countries which
do not want his government's currency.

  Surely we can find a solution to that problem that does not involve a
ponzi-scheme currency that fluctuates in value by hundreds of dollars a day,
and that is wide open to the largest theft in the history of banking.

    No longer need people be burdened by expensive transaction fees which can
cost upwards of $50, and a day's time, to send money to some other part of the
world.

  I often buy things in Japan with a credit card, such as books from Amazon.com
Japan. It takes no time at all. It is no different from buying things from a
U.S. vendor. The bank charges a little extra for the currency conversion. You
can send money to people in Japan with PayPal, I believe.

  Maybe this is not an option in the third world, but I suppose it could be. I
have seen web sites in Guatemala recently that take credit cards.

  I will grant, buying with a credit card is not an anonymous, untraceable
transaction. I know that libertarians and drug dealers want it it be anonymous
and untraceable, but I don't care about that, and I suppose most people do not
care.

    Bitcoin will be to money, what email is to the telephone, and what the
telephone is to mail: Revolutionary!

  Bitcoin is to the telephone as the "burner" throw-away cell phones are to
regular cell phones: an ideal way to conduct criminal activities.