I am still working on my plastic detector.  It can't discriminate between #1
and #5 plastic.  The #5 plastic produces a rainbow of colors when placed
between two linear polarizes.  The #1 does not.  #1 randomizes the polarization
and the light path and becomes clear.  The effect is dramatic.  I assumed that
the colors in #5 came from a rotation of the angle of polarization with
frequency.  I tried a circular polarizer.  It did not, as I had hoped,  produce
a detectable affect of this rotation.  #5 still passes a lot of light in a
rainbow of colors.  All of the colors go through so that a color cap does not
work.  Bottles at the dump are a little dirty so that I need a robust detection
technique.  I need a rainbow of colors detector.  I am now stuck.  Where to the
colors come from?  Maybe I am wrong about the rotation of the angle of
polarization with frequency.

I learned something useful for cold fusion.  The #2 milk bottle plastic passes
terahertz radiation freely.  I used my motion detector light as a sensor for
terahertz radiation.  #2 will work as terahertz window in cold fusion
experiments.

Frank Z