Teslaalset--

This "Three-Body Association Reactions With Molecular Bonding" reaction is
another form of a electron screening reaction it seems.

 It seems to provide a mechanism for generating enough kinetic energy to
overcome the repulsion of two positively charged particles.  I have copied some
pertinent discussion from  the patent application below:
>>>[0051] Consider a Widely separated pair of reactants thermally at rest that
>>>can form a bond without regard to any electron between them. The energy
>>>difference between separated reactants and product ground state, E R, is the
>>>maximum reaction energy available. With the reactants initially far apart,
>>>the entire available reaction energy ER is all potential energy, and the
>>>potential well depth equals E R. [0052] Now let the two reactants also be
>>>electropositive, such as oxygen or nitrogen atoms, or such as carbon
>>>monoxide (CO) and oxygen (0) and each adsorbed on a metal catalyst such as
>>>palladium (Pd) or platinum (Pt). Carbon monoxide is adsorbed on a surface of
>>>atoms in an "egg crate" pocket. An oxygen atom is adsorbed on an adjacent
>>>egg crate pocket. If a thermal electron finds itself between the oxygen (0)
>>>and the carbon monoxide, the thermal electron between them causes the
>>>reaction. The electron between them causes the carbon monoxide to smash into
>>>the oxygen, literally, because electron is negative, the carbon monoxide and
>>>O are positive, and they attract strongly. The "temperature" of the "smash"
>>>is approximately 20,000 to 30,000 degrees Kelvin.  The three-body reaction
>>>gently dampens the smashing by using the electron as the damper. The damped
>>>electron now has all the energy and was squeezed out like slippery water
>>>melon seed between fingers. The potential energy for these three bodies, an
>>>electron betWeen tWo positives, is always attractive. This
>>>positive-negative-positive three-body configuration is the starting point
>>>and initial condition for a three-body association reaction.<<<

Nickel may also work as a catalyst as well as a positively charge particle in a
three bodied reaction as described above.

I think this should be referred to as the slippery watermelon seed effect.

Bob Cook