To: <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2014 12:21 PM
Subject: RE: [Vo]:Newly published US20140034116A1 patent application regarding LENR

----Original Message-----
From: Bob Cook

Ni-62 and Ni64 are not a big constituents of natural Ni--Ni-58 is the
largest at about 68.3%.  However, they both provide about 4.5% of the
natural Ni isotopes. Both Ni-62 and Ni-64 would transmute to stable Cu -63
and Cu-65 upon absorption of a proton. There may be no gammas emitted.  On
the other hand transmutation of Ni-58 to Cu-59 would likely involve gammas
(maybe as high as 1.3 Mev associated with Cu-59 decay to Ni-59 which itself
is radioactive with no direct gamma emission, only positron emission with
its subsequent annililation with an electron producing the .51 Mev back to
back gammas.

Bob,

In general you are asking too much of spin coupling to participate in proton
addition reactions. There is an energy gap of at least 6 orders of
magnitude. And in the end you still cannot account for copper ash which
should be extremely radioactive but is not.

Far better IMHO to look mass->energy conversion somewhere else.