I'm really disappointed in this group, given their high intelligence and
fantastic imagination, for not suggesting the obvious explanation.  The
airplane was captured by a ET mothership.  This was done with the help of the
pilots because they are actually hybrids. The goal is to show the population of
the world the ability of the ET and to educate the passengers about the need to
change world policy.  Once the passengers have been give a guided tour of the
mother ship with several good meals thrown in, they will be returned to tell
their story.  Too bad Bond would have no one to shoot. Perhaps this is why this
explanation will not be used as a movie plot and is not getting attention. This
can not be any more far fetched than the present explanations and it has a
happy ending, at least for the passengers. For the world leaders, not so much.

Ed Storms