If you are running a Cravens style simultaneous, colocated control
experiment with infinite COP your odds of detecting a tiny temperature
difference economically are vastly improved.  Basically you just integrate
the voltage out of a bimetallic (thermocoupling) wall separating the
treated material from the untreated material in a common vessel that
provides a small amount of gas communication between the chambers for
pressure equalization.  This is not an expensive device.