  From: OrionWorks - Steven Vincent Johnson
  To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
  Sent: Saturday, April 19, 2014 8:12 AM
  Subject: RE: [Vo]:OFF TOPIC Portland wastes millions of gallons of water for
no reason

  Terry sez:

  > Urine from the bladder is normally sterile of bacteria except

  > in the case of urinary tract infection.

  Also, under extreme conditions where there is no available water supply
people have resorted to drinking their own urine. As a last resort they might
not have survived if they had not.

  I believe there are certain religious rituals that require the drinking of
one's own urine. It's kind of like participating in a Klingon tea ceremony. For
a human, it's an honor to be asked to participate in a Klingon test-of-courage
ritual of drinking a mildly poisonous brew. It is however highly advisable that
humans take an antidote before commencing.

  http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Klingon_tea_ceremony

  Regards,

  Steven Vincent Johnson

  svjart.orionworks.com