More...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Composite_fermion

The Fractional Quantum Hall Effect causes a reduction in the charge of the
electron in quantum fractional steps.

A magnetic field generates two paired vortexes (magnetic flux quanta) to
form that are connected to the electron. The vortexes take charge away from
the electron as the magnetic field increases until all the charge is
removed.

This effect may well be how Cravins sees a LENR reaction based on powered
magnet.