On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 11:11 AM, Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com>wrote:

"I called Alexander Xanthoulis and asked for a comment. He didn’t dispute
> the result of the report but pointed out that the calorimetric set-up at
> the Milan demo was not made by Defkalion but by Mose. Gamberale confirmed
> this but explained that the set-up was made according to strict
> instructions from Defkalion, and that when Mose added some component, such
> as another independent flow meter or another method for measuring thermal
> heat output, these additional components were immediately removed by
> Defkalion personnel without discussions."
>
> If they are not swindlers . . . then for some reason they are trying to
> make themselves look like swindlers, when they do things like this.

As has been mentioned, we don't know much about Gamberale.  I recall that
his conclusion about the flow meter was validated by others you know.  But
I haven't heard about validation of all of his statements, especially the
ones concerning his being made to do this or that.  We have two different
accounts that conflict in spirit, one in which Xanthoulis says that
Gamberale decided how to do the measurements, and one in which Gamberale
says that Defkalion decided how to do the measurements.

To be sure, even with what has been substantiated, the situation is an
embarrassing one for Defkalion.  But I am not persuaded one way or the
other that Gamberale's account is not an exaggerated or misleading one in
some details.  It would be nice to know more about him or to have
third-party verification of some of the other things he's saying.

Eric