I wrote:

It Defkalion did not prevent these tests, I think it is up to them to
> publish a statement explaining why the tests were not done until after
> ICCF18. Let them tell their version of the story.

To be fair, I should point out that Xanthoulis indirectly addressed the
"gentlemen's agreement" issue in the Lewan interview:

*I called Alexander Xanthoulis and asked* for a comment. He didn’t dispute
the result of the report but pointed out that the calorimetric set-up at
the Milan demo was not made by Defkalion but by Mose. Gamberale confirmed
this but explained that the set-up was made according to strict
instructions from Defkalion, and that when Mose added some component, such
as another independent flow meter or another method for measuring thermal
heat output, these additional components were immediately removed by
Defkalion personel without discussions.

Xanthoulis also said that he didn’t understand why Gamberale hadn’t asked
these questions earlier during months of contacts and visits by Mose at
Defkalion’s offices in Canada, and by Defkalion in Milan. Gamberale
explained that he had tried to get the information he needed but that he
was never allowed to make the measurements he asked for. Instead he
described his role as one of an observer.

*Finally Xanthoulis pointed out* that the flow calorimetry measurements
(measurement of thermal energy output by heating flowing water) were not
important . . .
I do not find Xanthoulis' assertions credible --

First, mmany people told Xanthoulis, Hadjichristos and the others at
Defkalion that a "reality check" measurement of the flow meter and
temperatures is essential. I told them this dozens of times over the years,
and I saw memos from others repeating what I said. We said 'it is good that
you have sophisticated digital instruments, but you must also use a
stopwatch and cylinder to confirm the digital instruments.' They agreed.
Long before their agreement with DE they were told by many experts to do
this. They did not do it. They could not have. If they had, they would have
cancelled the ICCF18 demo.

Second, it makes no sense to claim the flow calorimetry measurements were
not important, and that you can depend on cell temperature alone. Without
knowing the flow rate, you cannot reach any conclusion about what power the
cell temperature indicates. The cell temperature will vary with the flow
rate, just as the inlet and outlet water temperature varies.