On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 8:24 AM, Terry Blanton <hohlr...@gmail.com> wrote:

In consideration of the recent posting regarding converting light into
> mass, the upper limit of energy density is set by the speed of light
> at 2.5 x 10^13 Wh/kg.  Although the scientists have not actually
> converted photons to electrons and positrons, a controlled reverse
> process can be conceived which could achieve the upper limit.  Such
> process would not necessarily involve any nucleus.

To get the power seen in the 2013 E-Cat test, I assume the amount of pair
production and resulting 511 keV annihilation photons from such a process
would make a fantastic x-ray CRT and would be lethal to anyone nearby if
not adequately shielded.

Eric