From: Eric Walker

                If we must choose between the two major non-nuclear
hypothetical sources for
                power density in LENR – some version of the Dirac sea (ZPE)
seems to beat
                out electron shrinkage by a country mile ...

                I rather like the imagery of something coming out of the
Dirac sea, which reminds me of the sci-fi stories and movies of my youth… I
guess the needed energy could come from dark energy or dark matter.

Well, if the Dirac dimension is acting as a sink instead of source – then
energy is not exactly coming out. The semantics are difficult (like
multiplying two negatives to get a positive). CoE states that energy cannot
be created or destroyed; but can be changed from one form to another
(mass-to-energy which implies negative-mass to negative-energy). However,
that strange situation leaves open the gate for non-nuclear matter
(electrons, for example) to be depleted of mass-energy in our 3-space while
the transaction is balanced by negative energy being reduced in an adjoining
dimension. Two negatives giving a positive – yet does anything really
transfer?

                Physicists leave themselves open to speculation on the
possibility of that stuff being converted into real matter and energy by
taking the dark forms seriously in the first place… they give the impression
of being a Rube Goldberg-like consequence that is needed to save some broken
prior assumptions.

Today’s unexplained crude oddity is tomorrow’s stroke of genius. You
remember Rossi’s first reactor, right? You can see better craftsmanship in
introductory high school “shop” classes. However, the first cyclotron of EO
Lawrence was not much better – held together with wax and string. Sometimes
Rube wins the jackpot.

The big difference is that Lawrence understood what he was doing
theoretically and Rossi does not. Yet AR has been apparently able to get
E-Cat to function most of the time. Luck plays a role, but perseverance and
learning-from-mistakes plays a bigger role.

I just hope that we (the long-time followers of LENR) will get enough real
information to provide the answers and insight that AR may be unable to
provide by himself. He can have the glory, and the megabucks, which he
deserves - but there are some of us who only want to know “why.”

Jones