I don't think CPST will be pissing off their customers by jumping on CF
when it breaks out.  It will be their customers who will be pissing off the
oil & gas industry.

When hard drive manufacturers started selling to PC vendors, they didn't
stop selling to minicomputer vendors.  They just stopped development in
that area and focused on microcomputing needs.  It wasn't about pissing off
their customers, it was about their previous customers no longer funding
their projects and the new ones moving faster & taking what they could
get.  As a company, you either migrated with the sea change or you died.
Simple disruptive technology issue.

 The Innovator's Dilemma: When New Technologies Cause Great Firms to Fail
(Management of Innovation and Change)
 by  Clayton M. Christensen
<http://www.amazon.com/Clayton-M.-Christensen/e/B000APPD3Y/ref=dp_byline_cont_book_1>
(Author)