I realize this is speculation but, there is an assumption about gamma
radiation energy transfer that I want to question.

The character of gamma radiation is predicated on the small size of the
nucleus that it is derived from.

But  at the time of energy transfer doing cluster fusion of many hydrogen
atoms. the size of the volume of fusion is large, then the corresponding
wavelength of energy release is also proportionally large.

To frame the concept in an example, if the hydrogen crystal to be fused is
10 nm In diameter, the wavelength of the released energy would also be 10
nm.