3) Is it a bad thing to treat Ed's postulates as a "guide", even if you
don't like the idea of what the hydrogen interaction entails? It could
serve similarly to Arata's emphasis on the importance of nano-particles.
That had and continues to have a lot of clout in the community -- albeit
investigations of n-p are mixed. You clearly both agree on the importance
of NAE. Why not encourage a vast field-wide exploration of different NAE --
their benefits, drawbacks, and if they offer insight into the reaction
itself? We wouldn't even have to know exactly what's going on in the NAE --
just how do we create it and sustain it.

Ed's cracks are a nanoplasmonic structures, a naturally produced one. Ed
also thinks that hydrogen crystals are central to LENR as I do.

But I have taken LENR causality down to the primary level, which is
magnetism. This mode of causality implies many LENR mechanisms that Ed does
not see at the level of causality that Ed has stopped at. Ed sees only the
elephants tail and I try to see the entire beast.