A system that stores energy as Surface Plasmon Polaritons(SPP) will emit
the SPP excitation as photons. The is the principle behind the Polariton
laser.

When the SPPs de-entangle their photons from the electron carriers, these
photons are all released in a few picoseconds.

This burst of photons is a sure indicator that SPPs are at the center of
the sun cell reaction.