Sent from Windows Mail

From: Jones Beene
Sent: ‎Sunday‎, ‎August‎ ‎17‎, ‎2014 ‎9‎:‎12‎ ‎AM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com

Bob,

I agree that it is too early to draw conclusions about the magnetic field
increase, since it should be easy to document that - if true - and this has not
been done. The near-field problem is on stronger ground. I think it would
prevent two DDDL from fusing but perhaps it would benefit the fusion of one
DDDL and one regular deuteron. That is an option.

However, I am placing a lot of emphasis – maybe too much, on Mizuno’s recent
work, where there should have been helium, if there was any fusion - but no
helium was seen. He may come out and disavow this.

Mizuno expected helium, and says as much – and had reported helium before – so
it was not easy from him to essentially say that there is none in this
experiment. And yes – I have no problem writing off all of Ed Storms 18 prior
indications of helium as measurement error since this is such a difficult
measurement to make and none of them came close to the energy level of Mizuno.

If Mizuno’s hero experiment - which produced over 600 percent more excess
energy than the best prior experiment in deuterium fusion, which is over the
prior 24 years - shows no helium then that is enough for me to believe that yes
… all 18 of the previous were measurement error – because a few of them were
Mizuno’s own work.

From: Bob Higgins

I think you may be mis-identifying the effects of the magnetic field in a DDL
atom.  By the same token that the interior magnetic field would increase as the
electron orbital radius shrinks, the external magnetic field shrinks as r^-3 as
r gets bigger.  Thus, at the normal atomic radius, the magnetic field will be
largely the same for a DDL as a normal ground state hydrogen.

When it comes to affecting the approach of two DDL atoms, the magnetic field
dipole would cause the two atoms to align N pole to S pole and may cause them
to bind!  Further, and I would have to think about this more carefully, if the
interior magnetic field is increased, it may increase the coupling between the
nucleus and the electron - could that possibly allow energy exchange between
the electron and the nucleus?  Could the enhanced magnetic field attraction
help initiate a cold fusion?

I certainly don't think the possibility of fusion is dead.  I absolutely do NOT
discount helium formation in deuterium LENR.  The Arata work shows 4He forming
in a clean deuterium gas LENR cell using zirconia - Pd nanopowders.  To get
measurable 4He you need significant D-D fusion to have occurred.  DDL without
fusion cannot explain this.

That doesn't mean that other DDL effects may not be occurring and these may be
used just as we use other chemical energy.  Of course, this is exactly what
Mills is trying to leverage.  Getting 100x or 1000x over existing chemical
reactions would be hugely beneficial.  However, LENR at 1,000,000x would be
even better.

Bob Higgins

P.S.: Terry, Thank you for posting Vavra's presentation.