A little cross fertilization for ChemE. I recently stumbled across the
Suspicious Observers. The blogger puts up a five minute synopsis of earth
and space weather every morning at six AM. He uses absolutely gorgeous NASA
derived graphics to run through earthquakes, planetary storm and wind
patterns, and solar storm activity. The effect is mesmerizing. And he makes
a big deal about his impression that changes in solar flux trigger
earthquakes on Earth. Two days ago he put up his prediction that a sudden
upswing in solar activity along with the upcoming conjunction between Venus
and Jupiter, would likely produce an uptake in earthquakes. Sure enough
within two seconds  of clicking the youtube video about his prediction I
received notification of a 5.8 temblor in Iran via my Iphone earthquake
app. Impressive. If ChemE hasn't seen this I think he would like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkeqXXc-nTs&list=UUTiL1q9YbrVam5nP2xzFTWQ&index=4

       And use this link for your daily report. Click the first video on
the page: http://www.suspicious0bservers.org/