Well said. I love it when Hotson is quoted.

He was intuitive about bringing Dirac’s mathematics down to earth, that he must
have addressed the DDL – but a quick google turns up nothing specific.

From: Bob Higgins

Lest we not forget ... A field was never a physical "thing".  "Fields" have
always been a mathematical artifice used to describe/visualize the action at a
distance supplied by charges - stationary and in motion.

According to Hotson, these actions at a distance are all transmitted by the
essentially mass-less epo sea - epos being polarizable.

Physics is applying mathematical models to the observed behaviors of the real
world around us.  Physics is not reality.  These physical models are NEVER
correct, but the best models reproduce a great deal of actual behavior (but
NEVER all behavior).  Physics LAWS are just rules of thumb that have proved to
be valid most of the time (perhaps all of the time in our historical
experience, but that does not make them inviolable).

Bob Higgins

Eric Walker wrote:

Terry Blanton wrote:

Another possibility is that there is no such thing as a field.

What would we do without fields?  If there is no such thing, what replaces them?

Eric