Jones--

You may be right.  However, Rossi in later demos was upset at observers trying
to monitor the radiation from his 2011 test as I recall.  In addition Focardi
was advising Rossi at that time and had been helping him for some time
before that with theory of the reaction.   Focardi was an expert in radiation
monitoring and I do not believe he would not have known how to monitor the
co-incident gammas from the positron-electron reaction.  Its easy if you have
the correct equipment.   I did it in a 2nd year physics class in the late 50’s.
  It sounds to me that the test you talk about in Bologna may have been a bad
test.  One would expect to see some decay of the electron capture reaction with
a subsequent positron.

 It was apparent that Rossi would not let people do the monitoring.  I think he
carried that policy on up to the current TPT.   We will see what comes from
that testing soon I hope.

Bob

Sent from Windows Mail