  From: Daniel Rocha
  To: John Milstone
  Sent: Monday, August 25, 2014 10:18 PM
  Subject: Re: [Vo]:Accuracy of Carbon Dating

  Jojo, my dear alien, you cannot do carbon dating of anything past ~1950
because there is a lot of contamination due C13 from nuclear explosions.

  The mammoth ages seem OK, it is usual to find parts of different animals
together.

   You don't take the age of non living things with carbon dating. Carbon
dating don't go to 300ka, there isn't calibration for that. An age like this
mean you have just measured background contamination.

  Old Amerindian remains, specially during the 80's, were involved in many
controversies, since the mainstream academic view was that the Clovis culture
had to be the oldest, and any pre Clovis  was considered outright bullshit. So,
there was a lot of nitpicking to lower the age of these outliers.

  --
  Daniel Rocha - RJ
  danieldi...@gmail.com