If the reaction energy of 6 MeV is mostly transferred to the lattice
(soliton) via EMF strong coupling, the second proton of the He2 pair can
drift out of the reaction zone with a energy of just a few KeV.

With strong EMF coupling, an expelled particle need not be the primary
carrier of the binding energy excess.