*"During the setup of the laboratory in Milan various improvements were
introduced by the DE technicians and scientists concerning the calorimetry
measurement. In particular a method independent of the flow rate
measurement has been developed based on the heating of a large amount of
water contained in a large tank and circulated through a pump in a closed
circuit.*

*This must be “constant volume heat capacity Calorimetry” where the volume
of water in the take remains constant but the pressure of the water
increases as the temperature of the water rises.*

*Since the highly insolated tank holds a large volume of water, the holding
tank requires a stirrer so that the water in the tank does not stratify. *

*As the water rises in temperature, the water transfers less heat in a
constant flow of water.*

As the reactor coils begins to cool and the cold water begins to warm, the
difference in their temperatures decrease and the rate of heat transfer
decreases. As thermal equilibrium is approached, their temperatures are
approaching the same value. With the temperature difference approaching
zero, the rate of heat transfer approaches zero. In conclusion, the rate of
conductive heat transfer between two locations is affected by the
temperature difference between the two locations.

In addition, throughout a heat exchange, the mass-flow rate should remain
constant, but changes in temperature and pressure can change the volumetric
flow rate. So a water flow should be stated as a mass flow, a volumetric
flow at standard conditions, or as a volumetric flow including temperature
and pressure.

To insure thermal stability of the reactor, the circulating pump should
provide a variable flow and be calibrated to insure that the mass flow
remains constant.

If the graphical presentation of the demo is meant to show a running COP
vs.  the time of reactor operation,  the Computer program that renders the
graphical interface would be required to be rewritten to take into account
the new complex interplay of variables that accompany the change in the
type of Calorimetry*. *

To avoid errors in theoretical analysis in these variables, a calibration
of the new Calorimetry system is best accomplished by using an electrical
resistive simulation of the system by developing a dummy reactor that can
producing a variable electric heat source that varies between 2 and  5
kilowatts of power in a periodic cycle to simulate the operation of the
reactor in real-time.

Such a simulation would run into the tens of thousands of dollars and
require an extended timeframe to complete. Once this simulation was
calibrated, the data is then input into the graphical rendering program to
accurately show a real-time COP. Temperature of the water is meaningless
because of the complex interplay of thermal variables with time.

*This measure is independent of the measurement of the flow through the
coil and it would remove any doubt about the heat measurement. DGT has not
allowed DE to use such measurement in none of the tests of their
technology.*

IMHO, this is reasonable on the part of the DGT personnel because the
change in calorimetric approach is disruptive to the entire range of the
demos initial design and setup. The new calorimetric approach is also
expensive to design, recode, and calibrate.

*As a further improvement we added a second flowmeter upstream of the water
system in order to verify the behavior of the main flowmeter during the
measurement of the excess power but also in this case the added flowmeter
was readily removed by the  DGT technicians forbidding us to make any
verification."*

This is reasonable on the part of the *DGT technicians *since Water flow
has been removed as a valid variable in the new *“constant volume heat
capacity Calorimetry” approach *for this demo.

In conclusion, it sounds to me even as a laymen in calorimetry that the DGT
Europe group did not know what they were doing…they were inept.