H Veeder <hveeder...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It is well known fact that experimenters can be honest and competent but
> because of their bias they can still unwittingly influence the outcome of
> an experiment which is why blind and double blind experiments are sometimes
> necessary.

This was a blind test. The three groups measuring the helium had no idea
what the history of each experiment was, or whether it produced excess
heat. He also sent them samples of lab air an other samples unrelated to
the experiments. The flask labels were coded.

Miles knew the history of the samples, but he did not tell the groups
operating the mass spectrometers.

Miles described this in his papers, and I described it in my review:

http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/RothwellJintroducti.pdf

I suggest you review the review.