A COP of 3 is not accurate according to the specifications supplied by Rossi.
It is important not to assume that the lower limitation is firmly established
since thermal feedback can generally be used to increase that number
significantly.  The main problem is to keep the device from going into a
thermal run away condition.  If my simulations are anywhere close to reality,
the geometry of the CAT can be adjusted to allow the internally generated heat
power to sink away from its source at a rate that exceeds its generation level
at all the operational temperatures.

The 4th power heat sinking rate due to radiation can win the race against any
internal rate of power generation of a lower order.  It is my belief that this
is why Rossi and company use that path as the ultimate means of transferring
most of the core generated power into the outside system.  The nonlinear nature
of the high order radiation sink working with a less strong thermal convection
and conduction paths are key to achieving a stable overall system with a
reasonable COP.

One thought to consider is that using the radiation transfer of most of the
core power to the outside world can safely take place if the thermal sink
temperature is moderately lower than the surface temperature of the ECAT.  For
instance, if the walls surrounding the ECAT are operating at 1/2 the
temperature of the device then the radiation backwards to the ECAT is 1/2
raised to the 4th power which is 1/16 the forward direction.  This strong
directivity of the radiation path can be used to great advantage in the
achievement of thermal stability.

Dave