I am wondering about one situation that has not been mentioned as far as I
recall.  If you place several of the ECAT type devices within a high
temperature furnace then the surrounding temperature within the oven will be
applied to the ECAT directly.  Now that should be enough temperature to enable
the core inside the unit to begin generating a lot of extra heat power.

With that thought in mind, one might suggest that the ECAT becomes part of a
larger overall system that could actually behave far differently than one
undergoing a bench test.  The furnace must have some means of allowing heat
power to escape through its insulation.  If this path is not adequate then the
ECATS might well go into thermal runaway.

So, I can imagine an overall system that has a number of ECATS operating in
parallel with normal heating elements.  After the furnace reaches its design
temperature it might be possible to deactivate most of the electrical or gas
heated regular units and obtain mainly free heat from the contributing ECATs.
This would be a way to use the ECATs in a SSM that saves an enormous amount of
energy cost.

This might be the actual plan in the works.

Dave