John Berry I agree with your conclusion.
I do not agree with that  "Seems like there should be a class in logic at
school then if it isn't obvious enough." On the contrary that class will
make logic even more unusual..
Maybe that Milton H. Erickson did wrong I do not know the circumstances.
However, I know that to persuade anyone else you need to engage both halves
of the brain and somehow a connection between two people's right brain
really helps to get information over. Yes, it can be misused (like most
other powers). Sometimes this connection is called trust and it is hard to
catch.
Today there is a very slim chance to convince somebody that LENR is real. A
lot of the trusted say the opposite (most of the academia).
Not only is the best 'medicine' to let them "bright enough join" on their
own terms, it is also best for LENR. The table will turn quickly when the
first generator is available.

Best Regards ,
Lennart Thornros

www.StrategicLeadershipSac.com
lenn...@thornros.com
+1 916 436 1899
202 Granite Park Court, Lincoln CA 95648

“Productivity is never an accident. It is always the result of a commitment
to excellence, intelligent planning, and focused effort.” PJM