Just to clarify that further, if the mass of something depended on it's
energy, and if that includes potential energy then anything that provides
potential energy to other objects increases the potential of every object
that could fall into this potential field at any at any point.

And since some potential fields can be established and later removed such
as a magnetic field then the mass of energything in the universe that could
be effected by a magnetic field would be increased the moment it is turned
on, and not when turned off.

And if you had a gravitational source that could be established and
disestablished this should increase the potential energy and hence mass of
everything that is effected by gravity, including light (in as much as
light has mass of a sorts).

Rather than magnetisms limited range of effects.

John