Some people can live with XML... I know I can.  But it's not very
intuitive.  Check in my source tree the side-by-side versions of the
same data in XOD and SOD and tell me what you think.

And so says Neil Mosafi on 03/02/06 17:33...
> A major advantage is that if I open a XOD file in any decent text editor
> (vim, notepad2, visual studio etc) then I get full syntax highlighting
> all over.. open it in IE and you can see this too!  Agreeably, there are
> probably syntax highlighting for other formats (vim has so many!), but I
> doubt as many editors will support them.

By the way, Emacs can usefully highlight SOD in conf-javaprop-mode :-)
I don't know what javaprop is, but it's seemingly similar enough.  Vim
probably has a mode for that too...

best,
                                               Lalo Martins
personal:                              http://www.laranja.org/