On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 12:24:47 +0100, Neil Mosafi wrote:
> Surely the best approach is trying to support as many different database
> servers as possible, rather than pushing a single one onto the VOS user?
>
> To that extent, does anyone know of a flexible C++ data access library which
> can be configured to talk to many different databases?

Heh.  You read my mind.  I was thinking of this one:
http://dbstep.sourceforge.net/

It runs for me, but I'm afraid it might be a bit unmaintained
(last release was in 2004).

> I am talking not only MySql, Postgres etc but also commercial
> ones like Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server (or MS SQL Express,
> which is free)?

Hmm.  Dunno about that.  But it does ODBC, so it should be
possible to use those too.

best,
                                               Lalo Martins
personal:                              http://www.laranja.org/